Vw caddy or transit connect

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
birdy12345
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by birdy12345 »

I'm new here and on my phone so don't really know if I'm posting this in the correct place,
I'm stuck between buying a transit connect or saving for a bit longer and getting a caddy,
what do you people think is better on a caddy than the transit connect apart from them looking 100% better? I also wanted to find out if there is any such thing as solid rear doors on the caddy as I want to use the van to be a mobile mechanic so my rear windows will be getting broke just to see that there is window grills on the inside??
Thanks for any help in advance
dooka
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by dooka »

Wrong forum. Not section. I guess everyone on here will say caddy. After all, it is a caddy forum. :).

Caddy all day long bud. Keep saving.

Sent from dooka's iPhone using Tapatalk & sausage fingers..
DubVrs
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Vw caddy or transit connect

Post by DubVrs »

I have a 61 plate company connect and would happily burn it every day I drive it.
DADDY
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by DADDY »

dooka wrote:Wrong forum. Not section. I guess everyone on here will say caddy. After all, it is a caddy forum. :).

Caddy all day long bud. Keep saving.

Sent from dooka's iPhone using Tapatalk & sausage fingers..

:lol: :lol:

Link to Caddy 2K Project Workhorse ***Warning Pics and Slideshows Heavy***
brycieboy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by brycieboy »

Fords are gash :oops:

caddy :D win win
Brycieboy
2.0 tdi 140....

Project Blue
kw v3 for sale
TomP
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by TomP »

Caddy all day long I had a connect for 10 months. I wanted a caddy but didn't it
Want to spend the money, after 2 weeks I regretted it.

Now I have a caddy and i look forward to being seen it :)
www.TKdetailingcars.co.uk
Dubwagen
200BHP+

Post by Dubwagen »

I went from transporter to connect to give me money towards a house, 5months later I sold the connect, used that money as a deposit and financed the rest :lol:

You only have to drive the 2 400yds down the road and you'll feel the quality difference straight away. Caddy Tdi without a doubt
nickic
Hyper Poster

Post by nickic »

I had the same dilemma.. I waited a bit longer and bought the caddy ... I did the right thing ! Am new to the forum, and I've got plans for the caddy!! Will be posting pics and updates
Sport line seats, mk6 flat bottom mfsw, W8 light,Touran front bumper, Touran Console,Touran Dash,Touran Door Cards, Highline Clocks, 140 remap, Rear Seat Conversion
MikeG
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by MikeG »

I run both a Connect LWB & Caddy Maxi, the Connect is kind of commercial, ie not very refined & has the most uncomfortable passenger seat you could ever emagine, its also not very good on fuel, the only redeeming point is it has a higher loading area.
The Caddy drives like a car not a commercial, is less heavy on diesel, very pretty to look at, much easier to retro fit nice bits to, but has a slightly smaller less boxy load area.
Not once has anyone said "that's a nice looking connect", but with the Caddy people always give it a second look & comment on the build quality.
albie
Hyper Poster

Post by albie »

I was in your position a few months ago. Connect or caddy?
I had driven a few caddys and loved them but the connect was cheaper so this meant I could get a newer one!
I didn't know anyone with a connect though so had never driven one,I asked a sales man at a Comercial garage what his view was and he laughed,there's no comparison he said,connects are shite along side a caddy!
I had a test drive in a connect and yes,he was right!
I bought a caddy tdi that day and am very happy with it !
DING-DONG
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by DING-DONG »

I'll have to agree connects are really a small version of transit there is nothing entertaining about driving a connect regardless of spec just slamming the door sounds hollow, I had the luck of trying a variety of (hire) vans out over the last couple of months due to my Astra sportive van being wrote off, I had nissans - t5 - fords - merc Vito - pugs the new partner is not a bad van much better than a connect the last van I had was a caddy from the 1st time I jumped in it felt quality the doors shut with a thud rather than a hollow tin sound the controls have a firm feel rather than feel there going to break !! My old man said by a vw you won't regret it however it's all down to cost and v buds hold a high premium and sitting in the dealers chair adding up the costs is scary ! It really is a bespoke vehicle, so I bit the bullet and found myself a 11 plate kombi I let someone else take the 1st big hit at £26k and i brought it with 10k on the clock and a big saving, if you go the caddy route by the best you can afford don't scrimp on saving on not having something like cruise control etc etc because within couple months you will wish you had it, like I did when I brought a Vito i had a lower spec sport van than regretted not spending the extra £££ for the better spec !!!

Good luck.