Nath‘s Reflex Silver 1.6TDI Match

Show off your caddy
Baldspeed Racing
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Re: Nath‘s Reflex Silver 1.6TDI Match

Post by Baldspeed Racing »

Nath&Alex wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:37 pm Cheers buddy :D

My wheels are John Brown steel wheels and I run them without spacers. There is a little bit of rubbing on the inner edge when hard lock due to width which only come into play when manoeuvring. They are totally fine for normal driving ;)
Cheers chap, Im currently trying to sell my house so one of the things I want from the money is some wheels and John Brown are only down the road from me :D
Nath&Alex
Caddy Fan

Post by Nath&Alex »

I picked my van up from https://www.trademotorgroup.co.uk yesterday after dropping it off for a rear seat conversion.

Can't recommend Anton and his team enough, I'm please with how its turned out and I can now use the van what I intended it for.

While I was there Anton was keen to show off his business and gave me a behind the scenes tour to show me what they can do. He even showed me his own van he is building which currently sits on 20" Rotiform DTMs, air ride and when finished a wicked interior 8) He's obviously very proud of his business and so he should be.

Spoke to Anton about my future plans so maybe going back over again soon 8)

Anyway here are a few pictures of the retrofitted seats, just need to find some touran front carpets to match the rears and get some mats. Then find some suitable fronts and get the lot retrimmed, think I've got my colour scheme sorted :D Sound deadening to complete and then can carpet the rear. The issue I'm having is steering wheel, I loved my AW Polo GTI wheel but its finding one for sensible money and an airbag to go with it as most people are selling for strong money without. The other option is a Mk8 Golf R wheel, but not sure I'm bothered as I'm not keen on the Haptic buttons as have them in the ID3. Anyway onwards and upwards

Already made use of having removable seats today as managed to move some equipment for my wife's new business and we took the boy with us as well. Admittedly this was taken after we'd taken the equipment :D

2012 Caddy 1.6 TDI Match, lowered with Stance+ coilovers and 18“ John Brown steel wheels
snuffegull
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by snuffegull »

Looking good!
3rdLeg
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by 3rdLeg »

Love it!

I wouldn’t touch the exterior. Clean TSI conversion and it’d be perfect for me.
Vanmandan
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Vanmandan »

commented on this when i saw the FB post, love it, so clean, do they provide the rear boot matt? id like one for my maxi
2015 VW Caddy Maxi 1.6TDI 102BHP
Nath&Alex
Caddy Fan

Post by Nath&Alex »

Vanmandan wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:44 pm commented on this when i saw the FB post, love it, so clean, do they provide the rear boot matt? id like one for my maxi

Cheers mate :D

Steve the guy from TMG who did it reused the ply from the floor for the rear area and then carpeted it. Not sure if this is part of the normal job but did it anyway. Again TMG vans were spot on from start to finish
2012 Caddy 1.6 TDI Match, lowered with Stance+ coilovers and 18“ John Brown steel wheels
Vanmandan
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Vanmandan »

Ah okay that makes more sense, really does clean the back of the van up, just 4 way stretch?
Nath&Alex
Caddy Fan

Post by Nath&Alex »

Vanmandan wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:09 pm Ah okay that makes more sense, really does clean the back of the van up, just 4 way stretch?
I guess so mate :mrgreen:
Nath&Alex
Caddy Fan

Post by Nath&Alex »

I dropped my van off at Darkside developments on Thursday evening for full service and their basic tune :D

Unbeknown to me the van already had a tune on, tbh I thought it was the standard. Darkside did their magic and it now seems to drive a lot smoother just setting off and its certainly nipper :D

When I came to pick it back up yesterday I went to SRS Automotive and got a load of Touran interior bits :D Looks like more fun to come

Nath&Alex
Caddy Fan

Post by Nath&Alex »

Been waiting a while for the second mk4 light to turn up as I want symmetry on the back like @lister79 Plus I managed to mess the order up first time as I received a tailgate LH unit :roll:

Following the excellent how to guide by @Doc :D I set about changing over my rear lights

Before

During, cleaned things up while I had the lights out. Also painted the bolts that no-one will ever see but they were a little rusty and it made me feel good
[/img]https://i.postimg.cc/BvYXGnDS/IMG-3501.jpg[/img]

Although it did not say it in any of the how to guides I had read, I would recommend removing the door cards on the barn doors. This allows removal of the wiring loom rubber which in turn give just a little bit more room to refit the black covers. Who ever design it in this manner at VW wants a good talking to, it certainly made what should have been a simple job a pain initially!!

After :D

Another job ticked off the list :mrgreen:
Nath&Alex
Caddy Fan

Post by Nath&Alex »

After looking through @Giddy's thread I bought myself a Dodo Mat DEADN Hex 50 sheet box and some Dodo Super Liner.

So the boss gave me a hand this afternoon and we stripped the front of seats, centre console and the rubber floor. We then made a start with installing some Dodo sound deadening, however rain stopped play so when it clears up we continue :D

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Really clean van mate. Some nice mods coming along too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Vanmandan
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Vanmandan »

Nath&Alex wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:41 pm Been waiting a while for the second mk4 light to turn up as I want symmetry on the back like @lister79 Plus I managed to mess the order up first time as I received a tailgate LH unit :roll:

Following the excellent how to guide by @Doc :D I set about changing over my rear lights

Before

During, cleaned things up while I had the lights out. Also painted the bolts that no-one will ever see but they were a little rusty and it made me feel good
[/img]https://i.postimg.cc/BvYXGnDS/IMG-3501.jpg[/img]

Although it did not say it in any of the how to guides I had read, I would recommend removing the door cards on the barn doors. This allows removal of the wiring loom rubber which in turn give just a little bit more room to refit the black covers. Who ever design it in this manner at VW wants a good talking to, it certainly made what should have been a simple job a pain initially!!

After :D

Another job ticked off the list :mrgreen:
Honestly love this bus. Do you have the link/part number for the left hand light?
Nath&Alex
Caddy Fan

Post by Nath&Alex »

Vanmandan wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:34 am Honestly love this bus. Do you have the link/part number for the left hand light?
Cheers mate

The parts are in the useful parts thread, but here are the pictures of the labels

UK LH light unit

EU RH light unit

I installed a red lamp for the fog
Vanmandan
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Vanmandan »

thank you for these mate, really appreciate it. Did you get from TPS?