19" x 8.5 ET40 wheels/tyres

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Re: 19" x 8.5 ET40 wheels/tyres

Post by dan@biali »

Its been a while since I've had to think about this so my info might be slightly off!

My guess is that yes the tyres are too wide/tall and the offset of the wheels is quite low (but that shouldn't be a major issue as they are going to be further out towards the wheel arch than in towards the liner).

Most 19"x8.5 wheels on here will be running a 235/35/19 or even a 225/35/19 for that little bit of stretch, but you might find you can still catch the arch liner with enough load and a big enough bump or compression.

There are 2 different arch liners as well - one is a slightly different shape for the Caddy's fitted from factory with 16" wheels which I think is a little bit wider/squarer but don't think that applies to the Maxi - just checked parts program and there is no 16" option for the Maxi. Not sure if the 16" version can be fitted but the standard arches have the same part numbers for swb and lwb Caddys.

Another option is to use a heat gun to reshape the arch but to be honest it doesn't make a huge difference as it will only stretch a little bit without the risk of burning through the plastic.