Engine upgrades

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Darcycrook
Caddy2k Groupie

Engine upgrades

Post by Darcycrook »

Hi all, don’t yet have permission to post in the correct thread… I have a 2016 2.0tdi swb 5 speed manual, it already has a tune and that’s about it mechanical wise, exterior and interior is now complete with all the maxton bits, set of rotiforms, axle flip kit, sparco r333 buckets, head unit upgrade ect.
I’m now looking to do engine upgrades to get it to a reasonable power, was my work van but now going to be used personally instead as became unusable for work because of the mods,
I want to see what I can safely do to it without an engine swap, looking for advise on what’s been done and can be done, thinking turbo upgrades, injectors, intercoolers and whatever else you lot can come up with, thanks for any help in advance
Adwano
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: Engine upgrades

Post by Adwano »

Easiest way get some info around the engine upgrades to send an email over to Darkside, they have had the vans running around 260 I believe with turbo swaps etc. Spoke to them a few times but im starting with handling before power
Darcycrook
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Darcycrook »

Appreciate the help, I’ll do that right away
Andrew5
100BHP+

Post by Andrew5 »

Your 5 speed gearbox will be the problem with upgrading the power
Adwano
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Adwano »

Im on a 5 speed as well and from the places I’ve spoke to it just about copes with a remap any more power after that you’ll struggle, believe you can use an updated clutch kit but not sure how strong that is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk