Nath‘s Reflex Silver 1.6TDI Match

Show off your caddy
Nath&Alex
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Re: Nath‘s Reflex Silver 1.6TDI Match

Post by Nath&Alex »

Vanmandan wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:15 pm thank you for these mate, really appreciate it. Did you get from TPS?
Got the UK one from LLL Parts ordered the EU one wrong first time :roll: After getting the refund from LLL Parts I actually ordered the EU one through a local VW garage
2012 Caddy 1.6 TDI Match, lowered with Stance+ coilovers and 18“ John Brown steel wheels
Nath&Alex
Caddy Fan

Post by Nath&Alex »

Well Sunday was wet day so spent the time cleaning the Touran dash, door cards and centre console. The centre console was disgusting :(

This evening I though I’d make a start on dash removal and get things ready for the Touran dash install

Dash out and Touran brackets, centre support and vent ducts installed

Dash just sat in for the minute as not happy with the foam on the vent ducts, plus I was running out of light

Another step forward :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks to @Barbell330 for his impromptu how to do a Touran dash in his build thread , cheers mate :D

In other news I picked up some 2017 1.4TSI front hubs from Synetiq the other day, so I will strip them and get them powder coat and install some fresh bearings :D Then they’ll be ready for my brake upgrade plans 8)
2012 Caddy 1.6 TDI Match, lowered with Stance+ coilovers and 18“ John Brown steel wheels
Nath&Alex
Caddy Fan

Post by Nath&Alex »

Did a bit more on the van this evening started by pulling the dash back out to sort out the screen vents ducts. I ordered some 10mm x 6mm window seal foam from Amazon. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture before, but the original foam had moved, was covering the openings and was starting to break up.

First one done

Next one cleaned ready for new foam seal to be fitted

Finished article, I added a little superglue on the edge before butting up the seal to make one solid piece. Although the eagle eyed will see my error on the first one!!

I then started to put the dash back in and build things up, however I started to lose light so had to call it a day

Another step forward :mrgreen:
snuffegull
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by snuffegull »

Looking good! Cant wait to get my touran dash installed within the next few weeks!
Nath&Alex
Caddy Fan

Post by Nath&Alex »

Had a good day on the van today, managed to get the dash install finished off

Stripped out the rear and we installed some Dodo sound deadening around the rear floor area, after we installed the sound deadening we installed silver tape over all the joints in the rear but also revisit the front much to the bosses disgust!!

Started to build things up and put the front and rear carpets in final, I then also installed the centre console to complete my Touran dash install :D

Just need some alternative front seats so I can install the Touran under seat storage and would love an AW Polo GTI MFSW :mrgreen:
snuffegull
100BHP+

Post by snuffegull »

Some nice progress dude! Dash is looking good
Nath&Alex
Caddy Fan

Post by Nath&Alex »

snuffegull wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:24 pm Some nice progress dude! Dash is looking good
Cheers mate :D

The thing that would finish the dash off for me would be a better head unit :mrgreen:
Nath&Alex
Caddy Fan

Post by Nath&Alex »

Did a bit more on the van today

The accelerator pedal bracket was manky and rusting when we lifted the carpet, so gave it a clan up with a wire brush and then gave it a few coats of hammerite. Didn't have any silver so satin black will have to do!!

Finished refitting trims, accelerator pedal, foot rest and put the seats back in. Just need to rebuild the arm rest, get some new genuine carpets and its ready for use again. Well apart from the light trims which I'm going to paint :roll:

Gave the aluminium subframe I picked up the other day a clean, not bad for £29 :D I'll probably strip it down and take to work and vapour blast it, it'll come up like new :D The subframe and the 1.4TSI hubs are for the next phase of mods, but need to save a little first!! :mrgreen:
fully2462
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by fully2462 »

This build is coming on nicely, gives me inspiration to crack on with mine.
snuffegull
100BHP+

Post by snuffegull »

Nice! i really want to vapor blast my alu subframe and some other stuff at some point aswell.
Vanmandan
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Vanmandan »

Awsome work as always mate, very jealous of all your new goodies
2015 VW Caddy Maxi 1.6TDI 102BHP