Confused with reg and manufacture dates are wrong

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
CharlieTatter
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Confused with reg and manufacture dates are wrong

Post by CharlieTatter »

Hi all I’m really confused
Looking at upgrading my 64plate to a facelift and seen one for sale on market place as 2017 but when I look at the pictures it was clearly as preface lift with a facelift bumper…
At 1st I thought he was maybe trying to pull a fast one so I stuck the 17 plate reg into gocompare and it’s showing as being manufactured between 2011-2015 which would make sense for the body style and interior being a preface lift but how’s this happening? How can a 2017 plate be registered to a 2015 vehicle?
I know sometimes there’s maybe a years difference in reg and manufacture but for a prefacelift to be legitimately running on a 17 plate which obviously should be a facelift is very misleading!
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Confused with reg and manufacture dates are wrong

Post by Doc »

The year of manufacture and the year of first registration can very easily be different. If a vehicle was used only on private land, say an airport or industrial complex, there would be no need to register it for road use until it was time to sell.
There are a few other scenarios where the years might not match.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Nicklouse
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Nicklouse »

How can a 2017 plate be registered to a 2015 vehicle?
easily. As Doc says both are unrelated. The Reg plate year is only the date of registration.
CharlieTatter
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by CharlieTatter »

Ahh ok I see cheers for the reply!
Was just confused as all other 16 onward vans were facelifts then I seen this which was the same as my own but 3 years younger…. But yeah it’s facelift I’m after
NZDubNurd
Hyper Poster

Post by NZDubNurd »

The "plate" thing is completely useless (should never be used). VIN determines the model year.