Bls to bkd caddy

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Sean2800
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Bls to bkd caddy

Post by Sean2800 »

Hi guys new here so I’ve got a bls caddy and have a touran donor car with a bkd which I will be putting into the caddy. I’ve done some research but getting mixed info of people

So if I put the touran clocks slip ring engine loom and ecu straight into my caddy. What wiring is there needed to do will I still have to for a n75 valve ? Can anyone shed some light as to what wiring is needed
Thanks in advance
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Bls to bkd caddy

Post by Doc »

Hi, welcome to the forum.

First up, forget about swapping the slipring, that is absolutely unnecessary.
Step 1: To get the BKD running in place of a BLS, swap the engine, gearbox, engine bay fuse panel, ECU and instrument cluster. You will need to put the original caddy key blade onto the Touran key fob as this will contain the immobiliser transponder to match the instrument cluster.

This will get you running...but you will have a ABS fault due to having a Caddy ABS module and the vehicle data taken from the immobiliser data on the CANbus showing as a Touran.

Step 2: You will be best to then bring the caddy to someone capable of matching the BKD ECU with the original caddy instrument cluster so as to have compatible vehicle data for your ABS. That same person should be capable of matching the Touran instrument cluster to the ECU (which now will have Caddy data onboard) to give you a coolant temperature gauge and whatever else in available on the Touran instrument cluster.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Sean2800
Caddy Fan

Post by Sean2800 »

Thanks for the reply
what about the extra wiring and the n75 valve people keep going on about needing Saying it will run but won’t boost or something
Also I’ve get the immobiliser turned off on the touran ecu will I still have to mess about coding the clocks and abs unit. Someone has also told me just to sway the abs pump over of the touran ?
Also when you say change the fues box how come you have to do that are they not the same? If I am using all the wiring and ecu of the donor car will I still have to do the wiring for the boost valve ect if so do you know how I do this?
Last edited by Giddy on Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined two replies in one post
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Not sure where you've been getting your information but to me it appears you've been fed a load of waffle, most likely by people who have not done this before.

Your BLS already has an N75, I've no idea why someone would say you need to change wiring.
Your caddy fuse panel has some different fuse positions, it's just easier to swap them over.
ABS pump swap is not straight forward, the Touran module (mk60) has a remote yaw sensor in the cabin which you don't need for your original caddy module (mk70). That plus you'd have to deal with the 26 pin plug versus 47 pin and having to swap those over.

Having the immobiliser off will make the job a little bit easier but there may be complications with insurance once you've completed the conversion, I guess you just have to deal with that now you've already committed to having it turned off.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Sean2800
Caddy Fan

Post by Sean2800 »

Yeah I think I’ve been told a bit rubbish haha. So no need for this extra valve or having to cut the wiring looms open ect the guy I spoke to said ones the engine was in it will run but won’t boost unless you moody the looms/ecu to take that n75 valve

It’s more or less plug and play apart from the coding side
Last edited by Sean2800 on Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sean2800
Caddy Fan

Post by Sean2800 »

I’ve now stripped the touran do I need just the engine wiring loom or do I also need the wiring loom that goes to the fues box in the engine bay ? Or are they the same just the top half of the fues box that’s needed?
Sean2800
Caddy Fan

Post by Sean2800 »

Some pics from the bkd going back together today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

Looking good!

Just a thought… If you haven’t already got the relevant wiring diagrams it’s worth logging onto Erwin.de, putting in the VIN from your Touran and downloading all the relevant ones, same for your Caddy and then you’ll be able find the difference’s in the wiring/fuse panel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
Sean2800
Caddy Fan

Post by Sean2800 »

Have to have a look into it is it expensive to buy? Or is it per vehicle’s vin

Last edited by Giddy on Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote of previous post
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

Ah, should have said, it’s €9/hour. You should be able to save/print all the diagrams you need as .PDF’s in that time.

Make sure you have both VIN numbers to hand

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
Sean2800
Caddy Fan

Post by Sean2800 »

I will give it a try worth having the info anyway really

Last edited by Giddy on Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote of previous post
Sean2800
Caddy Fan

Post by Sean2800 »

Some progress made today while stud for parts. Swapped the alternator mount from the bls to the bkd to house the power steering pump and got the wiring loom and water pipes back on Image

Sean2800
Caddy Fan

Post by Sean2800 »

Anyone able to help me shed some light on this I have my engine in and mounted. All wiring in apart from one 14pin plug what is missing on the caddy loom anyone able to help me out with splicing it in from the touran loom
Sean2800
Caddy Fan

Post by Sean2800 »

@Doc
Are you able to shed some light in my wiring for me I’ve hit a brick wall and can’t figure it out
Last edited by Giddy on Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote
D1cky
Caddy Fan

Post by D1cky »

How did you get on with this ?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited by Doc on Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post