My new caddy

Show off your caddy
snuffegull
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

My new caddy

Post by snuffegull »

Recently picked this thing up. Its a 2008. Used to have a 2.0 BMM 140hp under the hood. A semi local tuner swapped a Octavia RS PD into it some years ago, and did some performance upgrades and tuning to it. Apparently it used to be their company car at the time. Not sure on power figures, but its pretty quick.

Its sitting on some H&R coilovers up front, and axle flip with Bilstein shocks out back, it's poly bushed and stuff like that aswell. Really fun to drive!

There are some cosmetic issues to tidy up, and some mechanical things to sort out, plenty of mods i want to do aswell, but the intent is to keep it somewhat simple, i already have a full retard caddy 9k project i need to focus on :lol:
this needs to stay at least as a semi daily, cant really go full project car on it, as of right now anyway :lol:

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: My new caddy

Post by Doc »

Nice Caddy, those Carrera Cup editions were very rare.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
snuffegull
100BHP+

Post by snuffegull »

Indeed they are, only 250 made if i remember correctly, and only sold here in Sweden. We have had a few come trough our shop over the years, but you dont see em often.

This one isnt a genuine Carrera cup edition though. The previous owner just came across a bunch of parts from one that had been scrapped as far as i understood it.
If it would have been, i'd feel bad about modifying it too much.
snuffegull
100BHP+

Post by snuffegull »

Been driving it for a bit now, and started sorting some things out as i find issues

Changed the gearbox mount as it had lots of play. Made a big improvement, feels nice and solid compared the before. May need to do the other mounts aswell, as i have a bit of drivetrain vibrations still, mostly at idle.

Also changed the windshield washer pump as that thing was dead too.

Once its tip top mechanically i want to sort out the exterior a bit, i have started picking a few bits up for that already but thats for later :)
snuffegull
100BHP+

Post by snuffegull »

My third brake light had a crack in it so swapped it for a tinted one, should work with the overall look im going for.

Currently tidying up my wheels aswell, they used to be flat black and beat up, i'm thinking i'll go for a satin dark gray metallic, but i havent fully decided yet. I would like to get some other wheels at some point, but these came with the van so i'll run em for now.

Been picking a fair bit of both new and second hand bits recently, with more on the way

snuffegull
100BHP+

Post by snuffegull »

Got the wheels painted today. I'll leave em to harden over the weekend so i dont scuff the fresh paint on the balancing machine. Quite happy with the color and satin finish.

More goodies arrived :D
stu_b
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by stu_b »

They look proper posh
You'll be a happy chappy for sure

In your assortment of cars u have collated
So u happen to know where you got you VW caps from ?
Also the mirrors ?

Cheers
snuffegull
100BHP+

Post by snuffegull »

stu_b wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 12:47 am They look proper posh
You'll be a happy chappy for sure

In your assortment of cars u have collated
So u happen to know where you got you VW caps from ?
Also the mirrors ?

Cheers
I got the caps from the VAG dealer (were i work ;) ) Its though to find genuine VW caps that fit Audi wheels, as the bore size is different, these are previous gen Touareg parts and they do fit.

The mirrors are standard mk4 caddy life models, got em used from a breaker
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Lister79 »

Nice looking van. The pre facelift vans are really appealing to me lately, really cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
snuffegull
100BHP+

Post by snuffegull »

Thanks!
Yeah the early front end has grown on me a lot. As i was buying this van, i planned to mk4 swap it and do a custom mk7 bumper and all the usual stuff.
I helped a friend do that conversion with a mk7 R bumper on a early 2k a few years ago. I even have a lot of the bits for that stashed away, but i'm not going to do it, i will keep this front, its quite nice with the Carerra cup spoiler. I plan on getting black headlights and do a few other minor tweaks.
In the rear i want to go full mk4 style though.
snuffegull
100BHP+

Post by snuffegull »

Took another trip to the breakers and picked a few things up!
A decent hood in better condition than my current one
A full but mismatching set of OE load area panels, as mine currently has selftapped aftermarket panels and i cant stand that :lol: (these will be carpeted)
also got me some anthracite gray interior panels to replace all the light gray bits, also picked a mk4 center console up just because i'm curious how far off one of them would be from fitting with a standard or Touran dash, i like that style of console more than the earlier design.
And a few other bits and bobs.
was also given several full bags of older pvw issues by a friend, and Mr Catto approves of the haul

Got my wheels balanced, ceramic coated and fitted today, turned out pretty decent imo

Lug and center caps that i forgot to bring to work fitted once i got home

stu_b
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by stu_b »

Looks like a succesfull haul
seems Mr Catto is surveying and giving a paws up
your gonna have a busy weekend if you haven't already started
snuffegull
100BHP+

Post by snuffegull »

Went to a different breaker that had 4 Tourans listed in stock, with the goal of comming home with a dash swap, but sadly the passenger airbag had been deployed on all of them, so no luck there, i did rip the dash out of one of them so i could at least get the small bits needed

Thought i'd try a pair of touran a-pillar trims aswell, to see if they can be modded to fit easy enough. their two piece design would make wrapping them much easier
snuffegull
100BHP+

Post by snuffegull »

Some trial fitting
If i cut this section out and splice it together with the caddy panel.
This is what i had in mind previously before i picked these up, and it seems like it should work out.
Jirka
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Jirka »

Looks nice