What did you do to your van today?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Matto216
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: What did you do to your van today?

Post by Matto216 »

Picked up my new to me Caddy on Sunday. Couple of coding tweaks for now including needle sweep, large digital speedo and more comfort flashes for the indicators.

Need to investigate a RVC error as it's currently not working and getting a Park Pilot not available error when putting it in reverse.
2016 Indium Grey SWB 150bhp.
freeman0121
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by freeman0121 »

picked her up last wed, went fishing for the weekend
Bahnstormer
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by Bahnstormer »

Returned home from a week down in Cornwall to find that my Solarplexius panels for the barn doors have arrived, so hopefully I'll get them in over the weekend :D

EDIT -

Got them fitted this evening. VERY simple job, took me maybe 20 minutes, which included removing/refitting the curtains and giving the windows a clean on the inside - will clean the van properly tomorrow.

Anyway, daylight was fading as I finished, so only got a couple of pics. You can see the difference they make to the very bright Vanpro rear interior light. From the outside with no interior light on, you cannot see into the back of the van at all. From inside there's enough light to sit comfortably and chill out without being seen.

JoshMuss
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by JoshMuss »

TheGee wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:09 pm Image

Finished re trimming the dash & console & got everything bolted back in & working perfectly Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks amazing that 👌
raitis
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Post by raitis »

raitis wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:55 pm Image
Slowly getting there with my anthracite front part of the interior idea. Yesterday, I wired in the ergoActive seat electronics (admittedly, I do enjoy the massage with back heating) and mk7 airbag plugs. Interesting to note that the heating on the passenger seat works fully (backrest and buns) with my old wiring loom yet that's not the case with the driver's seat which just has the back heat up.

Today, I fitted a black leather Touran passenger door card with a warning light. Not fun cutting it up with a mini angle grinder to fit the Caddy, but the result is worth it. Working on the driver's side door card now and praying for some non-terrible weather and daylight to fit it.
Further progress on my interior transformation. I bought these 2nd row Caddy seats in black leather:
300 euros seems to be a lot of money for these since I can get a whole Caddy Life interior with 5 seats and plastic trims for 200, but I doubt I'll ever find what seem like genuine Caddy leather seats in such a good condition. These are from a 2015 mk3 and are sort of backwards compatible with my 2008 pre-FL. The mounting system is very different for 2011 and later vans but the extra bits can be removed from the seats, leaving slightly wider than needed mounting brackets that fit the old mounts by using spacers. The seats themselves are noticeably softer than regular Caddy Life cloth 2nd row seats but are far from Volvo soft.

Next up, painting the plastic trims in black grey (RAL 7021) to match what VW calls "Anthracite".
gazza31112
Hyper Poster

Post by gazza31112 »

Gave it a long overdue wash which really forced me to finally get around to "repairing" my split bumper. Not gonna lie it's a bit of a bodge! It is noticeable if you know where to look, with the overlapped patched in wrap, but it's definitely drawn the eye away from the damage. So I'm happy!
Hardest part was trying to reattach/blend in the broken lower trim then sanding and painting the damaged foglight trim, painting on plastic trim is hard!!!!!

Sent from my moto g31(w) using Tapatalk

Grzesiek112
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by Grzesiek112 »

Summer wheels
IMG_20240407_112453_628.jpg
2K 1.9 TDI & 2C 2.0 TDI & 2xSA 2.0 TDI
petrev
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by petrev »

Yes, nice wheels.
👍
Spiderman
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Spiderman »

Cleaned my new van, changed the battery and coded it in, enabled digital speedo and set lane change indicators to 5 flashes instead of three. Then put some alloys on.
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

@ Spiderman, how old is your van? I never had to code in my new battery when I fitted one to my 2011 van.
Does yours have start stop or anything?

At least I don’t think it needed coding, I just put it on and it all worked as normal.

Rescue me from the swans in me
thecolourpurple
Hyper Poster

Post by thecolourpurple »

@swanfiend . Hey Pete sorry to highjack your post but battery does need coding with stop/start

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

2014 CAYD 1.6tdi 150bhp, Darkside straight pipe, EGR & DPF delete, Custom cold intake with K&N 571s, 19" wheels, Pioneer/Kenwood & Vibe audio.
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Ahh ok, that makes sense. My ancient van doesn’t have that

Cheers mate

Rescue me from the swans in me
Poffe
100BHP+

Post by Poffe »

My understanding is that in order to optimze charging cycle and battery life time you should code your new battery in. I dont think it has anything to do with start and stop function.

Anyway, here is a youtube "how to" from Ross-Tech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJAScg6JrYI
Caddy Maxi 1.6 TDI -2014. First time VW/Caddy owner, already deep in the rabbit hole

Caddy Maxi - daily and camper build
thecolourpurple
Hyper Poster

Post by thecolourpurple »

Every day, a school day, guys

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

2014 CAYD 1.6tdi 150bhp, Darkside straight pipe, EGR & DPF delete, Custom cold intake with K&N 571s, 19" wheels, Pioneer/Kenwood & Vibe audio.
BagleyCJX
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by BagleyCJX »

Colour coding mirrors currently